The Duke of York's Theatre is a West End Theatre in St Martin's Lane, in the City of Westminster, London. It was built for Frank Wyatt and his wife, Violet Melnotte, who retained ownership of the theatre until her death in 1935. It opened on 10 September 1892 as the Trafalgar Square Theatre, with Wedding Eve. The theatre, designed by architect Walter Emden became known as the Trafalgar Theatre in 1894 and the following year became the Duke of York's to honour the future King George V.
No video cameras or recording devices allowed
Everyone must have a valid ticket and occupy a seat. No babes in arms. Young children are admitted but not encouraged unless the parent is confident that the child is old enough to be attentive to the performance and not a distraction for other members of the audience. Accompanying adults will be asked to remove any noisy children.