Newry Town Hall

Go Back

Bank Pde, Newry, BT35 6HR T: 028 30266232

Newry Town Hall, Newry

The Town Hall designed by William Batt, was constructed in 1893. It was one of the last works of the old Newry Town Commissioners whose crest, dated, 1891, can still be seen on the front of the Town Hall. The style of the building is broadly classical. The most unusual feature about the building is that it is built on a three arched bridge astride the Clanrye River. The reason was, reputedly, to settle the rivalry between the people of Armagh and Down over which County it should be sited.