King George's Hall - Blackburn
King Georges Hall opened in 1921. The 3,500-seat concert hall, with its war memorial organ was one of the first in Blackburn to have air conditioning, was electrically lit and of fireproof construction throughout. A renovation programme was carried out in 1994 but all the original plaster work and the magnificent Art Deco house lights have been retained.
Thwaites Empire Theatre - Blackburn
Thwaites Empire Theatre opened it's doors in October 2002. Just 3 years later a balcony was added. On the 14th of November 2005 the major refurbishment of the old Empire building was completed and the New Thwaites Empire Theatre was opened as a complete theatre seating a total of 320. The dream of those early visionaries has been realised. Blackburn once again has a thriving live theatre and arts centre of which it is justifiably proud.