King Georges Hall opened in 1921. The 3,500-seat concert hall, with its war memorial organ was one of the first in Blackburn to have air conditioning, was electrically lit and of fireproof construction throughout. A renovation programme was carried out in 1994 but all the original plaster work and the magnificent Art Deco house lights have been retained.
No recorders or cameras.Performances may contain strobe lighting.Smoking/alcohol only permitted in the auditorium for social events/dances. Prohibited at formal concerts.Venue annoucements and signage indicate policy.
Parental guidance/accompanied children is preferred.Please check before booking regarding the childrens policy.If the presentation is aimed at adults only, no under 16s will be admitted.