The Lion King has been on the West End for an impressive 20 years and is showing no signs of disappearing. This much-loved production will be embarking on a UK tour this year in celebration of its 20th anniversary. With dates already announced for Bristol and Edinburgh and tickets already selling fast - it is clear this spectacular show has a special place in our hearts.
The Lion King tells the moving story of Simba and follows him on his epic adventure from wide-eyed cub to his destined role as the King of the Pridelands...
The movie, show, and songs have given us so many incredible ideas, quotes, and phrases - so much so, that 'hakuna matata' needs no explanation. So, for a bit of fun, we have selected 10 of our favourite quotes from The Lion King...
- Believe in yourself and there will come a day when others will have no choice but to believe with you. - Mufasa
- Look beyond what you see. - Rafiki
- It’s times like this my buddy Timon here says: you got to put your behind in your past. - Pumba
- Oh yes, the past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it. - Rafiki
- Truth? But, truth is in the eye of the beholder. - Scar
- I’m only brave when I have to be. Being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble. - Mufasa
- Love will find a way, anywhere we go. We’re home if we are there together. - Simba
- Change is good. - Rafiki
- Sometimes what’s left behind can grow better than the generation before. - Simba
- Any story worth telling is worth telling twice. - Rafiki